Air France endeavors to provide all passengers with a maximum level of comfort. To move around easily and for an optimal travel experience, you need to be able to raise and lower the armrests without any difficulty. Our Saphir service, dedicated to passengers who require assistance, is at your disposal to anticipate your needs and guarantee your well-being and safety on board.
Measurements of our seats on board
The width of our seats, from armrest to armrest, varies according to the cabin and destination:
- In Economy and Premium Economy* cabins: from 40 to 45 cm (16-17 inches), which corresponds to a waist circumference of approximately 135 cm (53 inches) maximum.
- In Business* and Premium Economy** cabins: 47 to 48 cm (18.5 inches), which corresponds to a waist circumference of approximately 150 cm maximum (59 inches).
- In La Première and Business** cabins: 50 to 53 cm (20-21 inches), which corresponds to a waist circumference of approximately 200 cm maximum (79 inches).
* Europe, North Africa (except Algiers), Israel ** Long-haul network
Book two seats
Please contact our Saphir service so that they can assess your situation, check if a seat belt extension is necessary, and complete your booking with you. If you are traveling in the Economy cabin on one of our long-haul flights, and the width of the seat is not sufficient for you, Saphir will offer you a second seat next to yours. This second seat will provide you with greater comfort, while ensuring your safety with a seat belt extension. If you would like to book an extra seat in the Economy cabin:
- you will receive a 25% discount and the 2nd seat will be exempted from all taxes.
- Air France will refund you if there is an extra seat on board, in addition to the 2nd seat you have purchased.
You may be denied boarding for security reasons if: you have not booked a 2nd seat, the flight is full, and you are unable to sit in a single seat. Please note: in the Premium Economy and Business cabins, it is not possible to book an extra seat with a seat belt extension, due to the seat configuration and static armrests.
In the Economy cabin: passengers cannot book two seats side by side and for the same person using our online booking system.
Check in at the airport
You must check in at the airport. It is not currently possible to check in online or at an Air France kiosk. Please note: When you purchase a second seat, you do not benefit from an extra baggage item.